Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How Many Days Until December 17!?!

It's been about a week since I posted a new blog. Not much has really happened; school, work and packing to move have consumed my life...back to the normal routine of life as a college student.

I applied for internships about 2 weeks ago, I probably should have applied for more though. Most of the response emails said they were evaluating resumes and would do interviews at the end of the month...I really, really hope I get an internship; I've been trying to base my life around obtaining an internship. Today I talked to my mom and reality set in that I really can't plan my life anymore like I use to. I can't try to get a new job until I know if I get an internship because I don't know what my hours would be at the internship. It really is a pain because I was hoping to work a lot before fall starts to save money...guess that wont be happening.

I guess I should explain the title of this post. I haven't been extremely thrilled about graduating early since I found out that I was. Now that I decided to not attend graduate school in the spring I've realized how much of a school gets in the way of trying to find a full time job...or a job that could turn into a full time job for after graduation. Also, being in Peru was felt like I wasn't in school (even though I was taking classes). That was the first time since my freshman year of college that I wasn't on the Texas State campus either working or working and taking a class. I was spoiled with that long of a break. Now that I'm back in on campus taking a class I hate it, I'm over school...I'm ready to be done (this is not a normally response from me I know). Don't get me wrong I love my gender communication class...once I get to the class, but I'm really bitter about having to go up to campus to go to class and doing homework is not something I'm really thrilled about.

So this is my life right now...college limbo. Stuck between being a final semester senior still trying to get by a juggle a lot and a graduate.

Just FYI it's 149 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment