Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Fresh Start, Sort Of

I've been back in Texas for four days now. It's starting to feel like my trip to Peru was a dream (one reason why I'm glad I started the blog). It was such a crazy, world-wind experience for five weeks. It was an AMAZING experience and some of the things that I did in those five weeks I will probably never have the chance to do again.

Now it's back to the reality of school, work and my crazy life that revolves around those two aspects. I've decided to continue writing on the same blog with all of my Peru blogs on it so that if someone ever comes across this blog that doesn't know me can see how that trip has changed my life, even if I don't even know how it's changed my life yet.

Here's an update since my last blog while being stuck in the Miami airport:
My mom and step-dad picked me up from the Houston airport around midnight on the 4th of July. I managed to stay awake for most of the drive but the last hour I crashed. We got to Orange close to 3am and I stayed awake long enough to eat something really quick then proceeded to go to bed expecting to sleep until late. My body, however, had other plans and I woke up around 9am. Started washing my nasty clothing, some of which still smelled like Machu Picchu. I think it was good for me to come to Orange for a few days longer than planned, I think it is easing me back in American society without being to overwhelming (my hometown is very small and very simple, not to many things to stress yourself out with here).

Finally got my car back and I drove up to the Creek where everyone was at and sat out by the river most of the afternoon. And then drove back to Orange for a peaceful night without anyone around, while I finished laundry. Then drove back the next day and proceeded to stay the entire day on the water, I no longer look like I spent five weeks of summer in a country currently in winter.

My car is now getting the windshield fixed and then I'm going to get it inspected before I leave to drive back to San Marcos tomorrow morning. My older sister and soon to be brother-in-law are on their way to Orange for the weekend (this house is big but not big enough, they are stuck on an air-mattress until I leave tomorrow). I still have to pack my clothes in a new suitcase because my blue one just is not going to cut it anymore, plus it smells.

Now I'm just getting use to having my phone going off constantly again, with messages, email, updates and all that jazz. I think that has been the biggest culture shock so far...my annoying blackberry (that I missed while in Peru but currently dislike)

So this is my new blog, about my life post Peru and pre-graduation..my fresh start with a new outlook on a lot of things. I am going to try and included useful articles and tips for other students that are in the same situation as me, graduating in six months with no clue what will happen next (it's okay though because there are a lot of us in this situation so we can stick together).

163 days until graduation on December 17, 2010 (yes this blog will include a countdown :])

No comments:

Post a Comment