Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where Did Summer Go?!?!

One week. That's all that is left of summer school, one week. I'm really sad I didn't do more summertime things once I got back from Peru. I understand I spent 5 weeks of my summer in a foreign country where it was winter. And I also understand I spent a total of about 2 weeks in my hometown. Fall classes start in 3 weeks, don't get me wrong I am beyond excited to start this final semester. However, I realized earlier this week that this is my last summer as a student. This is the last summer I could randomly take off for a week or longer from work and know I would have a job to come back to. Seriously only working on campus can you go to another country for 5 weeks and still have a job to come back to.

I'm slacking on keeping up with this blog. I really need to do better but it's been a crazy past week so here are some updates.

We have officially moved into our new apartment Copper Beech Townhomes in San Marcos on Mill Street! No more smelly apartment with crazy bugs because we lived by the woods. These townhomes are beyond wonderful! I am definitely spoiled living in this townhome as a college student (my student loans are paying my rent). Once I graduate and eventually move away I know I wont be able to afford to live in such a nice place so I plan on enjoying this year, maybe longer, here. It's way too nice for any college kids in my opinion.

Still waiting on word for an internship. I emailed them all last week and got basically the same response, notifications for interviews will be sent out "early to mid-August." I'm starting to get really nervous that I wont get an internship. I'm basing my entire last semester on getting an internship...that's a lot of pressure.

Well I better get back to looking for academic journals for a paper for my gender communication class. I love this class and highly recommend it to any Comm Studies majors or minors at TxSt...Dr. LU is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment