Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Few Days in the States

I'm back in Orange for the week to see my parents and Saturday I'll be flying out for Peru. It's starting to set in that I'll be leaving Saturday to spend a month in a foreign country, by myself. Well I wont be by myself once I get there but the traveling down there I will be. I'm trying to think positive and not psych myself out about the flights. I'm flying out of Houston with a connection in Miami.

I've been talking to my roommate, Emily, on Facebook lately. She's from Kansas and goes to school in Nebraska. I'm excited to meet her! I think we are going to have a lot of fun and it seems like her Spanish is better than mine so hopefully I can learn from her.

The last of my errands are almost done. I got my yellow fever shot (since I'm going to the Amazon) and contacted American Airlines, turns out my checked luggage will have no cost! I still need to get another gift for my host family, I already got them a TX State magnet. I also need to get some type of raincoat or poncho for the Amazon trip.

Here's a schedule of the excursion trips:
Excursion
ISA students will enjoy a wonderful city tour of the Historic Center of Lima.
Sat. 06/05

Excursion
Overnight excursion to Iquitos (Amazon Jungle) and the beautiful Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
Fri. 06/11 - Sun. 06/13

Excursion
ISA students will enjoy a multi-day excursion to Cusco and the mystical Machu Picchu.
Sat. 06/26 - Tue. 06/29

I'll try and update again on Saturday before I leave, maybe from the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment